AT HOME EXERCISE PROGRAM – MOBILITY AND BREATH WORK
A daily mobility routine is strongly recommended for anyone who wants to get the most out of their body and performance. We all focus on getting stronger and fitter and mobility often gets neglected. I would suggest going through a mobility routine before every training session that you participate in. You can also do this on days where you do not train as active recovery.
1) Squat to stand 10 reps
2) Hamstring Stretch 10 reps
3) Groiners/mountain position Internal into external rotations 10 per side
4) Groiners/mountain climbers 10 per leg
5) Cat cow 10 reps
6) Shoulder blade retractions 10 reps
7) Pec Stretch 10 reps
8) Lat Stretch into Cobra 10 reps
9) Prone Dynamic Blackburns into handcuffs 10 reps
10) Frog Stretch 10 reps
11) Pigeon Stretch 10 reps per leg
12) Trunk rotations 20 reps
13) Lying Side Thoracic Rotations 10 per side
Sit or lay down in a comfortable position, either on your back, in a chair or on the floor with your legs crossed.
INHALE for 5 seconds
HOLD the inhale for 5 seconds
EXHALE for 5 seconds
HOLD the exhale for 5 seconds
REPEAT THE PROCESS FOR 5 MINS
You can build up too 10 mins and you can do this (I personally do 8 minutes in the morning and eight minutes in the evening when I jump on my magnetic resonance mat):
– First thing in the morning which helps energise you for the start of your day.
– After a workout which helps get your body into rest and recovery mode and shifts your nervous system from sympathetic into parasympathetic.
– Before bed again shifting your body into rest and recovery mode and getting you into your parasympathetic nervous system.
– When you are feeling stressed and anxious, when we are stressed or anxious our body is in sympathetic fight or flight mode doing some deep breathing and following this breathing protocol helps to shift your body into parasympathetic rest and recovery mode.
Mobility and breathing exercises when done regularly and within a weekly/daily routine, Will carry over on everything you do throughout the day and any physical endeavours that you may participate in. You really feel the benefits when you stop doing the routine for a while you will then realise how much of a positive impact it has on you.
Let me know how you guys get on and if you have any questions please let me know.
Leave a Comment